IMLP

IMLP

Saturday, August 6, 2011

One week ago and what's next?

It was almost a week ago that I crossed the finish line of Vineman. My week has been filled with awesomeness! I have enjoyed the expressions of strangers when I tell them I just finished my first ironman. I've gotten hugs from strangers. Eaten a plenty. And had myself some well deserved pints and vino in celebration with friends!

People are asking me if I feel different now. And yea, I think I do. I accomplished this huge thing that took so much dedication, motivation, and perseverance that was physical, emotion, and mental. I've challenged myself before, but never when there was this much uncertainty. I am feeling more self confident than ever. Never more motivated to do the next big thing. Never more satisfied with my life. I feel so very very lucky to be able to challenge my body the way I do.
I am SO very happy that I enjoyed the race as much as I did. It truly was fun!

Never has there been the need for so much support in my life challenges. In the the last two weeks my support system has become abundantly clear. I knew I had a lot of people there for me and who cared about me. But I had no idea how much. At the end of race day I had nearly 30 text messages, many e-mails, and about 30 Facebook posts. All about me! I felt pretty damn popular for a few days. I've said it before, but without all of my friends, family, and Team EnVision teammates I could not have accomplished Vineman 140.6. I cannot thank you all enough! I hope that I can repay your awesomeness.

There is not a doubt in my mind that I will do another ironman...Lake Placid 2013--mayhaps. I even contemplated completing another next year. I have decided against this only because I need to have a year, a summer, where my life does not TOTALLY revolve around triathlon. I'd like to do some hiking, kayaking, and traveling, maybe a marathon!

That post race depression has started to creep up. Not the kind of depression that requires a psychologist or drug. The kind that requires a task or a race. I feel almost lost without a crazy training schedule. I am trying to relish the moment for a bit longer. Enjoy riding, running, and swimming just because I love it. Drink a few too many pints or glasses of wine with my dearest friends that I have neglected for the last 9 months.

I accomplished a lot this season. I am proud of myself.

2011 season (so far!)

Doyles 5 miler 38.41 minutes

Patriot Half Ironman AG: 2/30 S: 41:38 2:09 T104:11 B: 2:55:48 19.11 T22:22R:1:55:49 08:50 Total Time: 5:39:49

Vineman 140.6 W35-39 9/34 45/210 S:1:20:53 2:06 576 T1 7:59 B:6:32:08 17.1 439 T25:46 R:4:30:01 10:19 212 Total Time: 12:36:47

Next up: Applefest Half Marathon, Reach The Beach, and Hub on Wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment