IMLP

IMLP

Friday, June 17, 2011

Pre-race jitter

My alarm will chime at 4:00 am tomorrow for Patriot 70.3. My swim wave goes off at 7:23 am. I have logged the miles in cold, snow, sleet, rain, ice, heat, dark and light, done the intervals, swam countless laps, swallowed my pride and embraced Masters swim. I have spent oogles of money on a new bike, gear, coaching, and food!. Vineman is my big race, of course. Its the one that will push my endurance limits. But Patriot is a chance for me to get a PR and see what speed I have in this little body!

I have race jitters tonight. But tomorrow once I dive in the water the jitters will evaporate and the fun will begin. Its another day of training. The difference is that I will have a timing chip around my ankle, a bib on my back, and a few thousand friends to keep me motivated.

Scars heal… glory fades
And all were left with are the memories made, oh yeah
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Yeah life is short so go on and live it
Cause the chicks dig it”
-Chris Cagle,

No comments:

Post a Comment